Personal injury or death can result from escaping fluid under pressure.
Escaping fluid under pressure, even a very small pin-hole size leak, can penetrate body tissue and cause serious injury and possible death. If fluid is injected into your skin, it must be treated by a doctor familiar with this type of injury.
Always use a board or cardboard when checking for a leak.
Note: Use the information in the reference to prepare the machine for this test.
Reference: For the correct procedure to prepare the machine for this test, refer to Testing and Adjusting, "Machine Preparation for Troubleshooting" for the machine that is being serviced.
|Automatic Tape Measure
- Position the machine on level ground.
- The felling head must be empty.
- Warm the hydraulic oil to normal operating temperature. Normal operating temperature is 55 ± 5°C (130 ± 10°F).
- Run the engine at high idle. High idle speed for this machine is 2250 ± 10 RPM.
- Raise the boom until the pin for the tool tilt cylinder and stick pin are the same height as the boom foot pin.
- Fully retract the tool tilt cylinder.
- Fully extend the stick cylinder.
- Retract the stick cylinder rod 70 mm (2.8 inch) from the fully extended position.
- Shift the hydraulic lockout control into the LOCKED position.
- Shut off the engine.
- Measure the length of the boom cylinder from pin to pin. Record your measurement.
- Leave the machine in this position for five minutes.
- Measure the length of the boom cylinder from pin to pin for cylinder drift. Compare this measurement with the measurement that was recorded earlier.
- The maximum drift that is allowed for the boom cylinder is 20 mm (0.8 inch) during the five minute test.