Clean the screen every 2000 service hours or 1 year or whenever there is a pump failure or pump change in the hydraulic system.
Hot oil and hot components can cause personal injury. Do not allow hot oil or hot components to contact the skin.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "AVSpare Tools and Shop Products Guide" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on AVSpare products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
The hydraulic line screen is located in the articulating hitch area of the rear frame, between the transmission and the hydraulic tank.
- Fully articulate the machine to the right to allow for easier access. Apply the parking brake and stop the engine.
- Remove filter housing drain plug (1) and allow the oil to drain into a suitable container.
- Remove bolts (2) and screen cover (3). Inspect the cover seal. Replace the cover seal if the used cover seal is damaged.
- Remove the screen from the housing. Clean the screen and screen cover in a clean, nonflammable solvent.
- Inspect the screen. Replace the screen if it is damaged or dented.
- Inspect the screen gasket. Replace the screen gasket if the used screen gasket is damaged.
- Install the screen in the housing. Install screen cover (3) and bolts (2) .
- Inspect the O-ring seal on the drain plug. Replace the O-ring seal if the used O-ring seal is damaged. Install the drain plug.