Always replace the secondary filter element. Never attempt to reuse it by cleaning.
The secondary filter element should be replaced at the time the primary element is serviced for the third time.
The secondary filter element should also be replaced if the yellow piston in the filter element indicator enters the red zone after installation of a clean primary element, or if the exhaust smoke is still black.
- Open the engine hood. The air filter is located on the right side of the machine.
- Remove the primary element from the air filter housing.
Note: Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Engine Air Filter Primary Element - Clean/Replace " for the procedure to remove the primary filter element.
Illustration 1 g00864077
- Remove the secondary filter element.
- Cover the air inlet opening. Clean the inside of the air filter housing.
- Inspect the gasket between the air inlet pipe and the air filter housing. Replace the gasket if the gasket is damaged.
- Uncover the air inlet opening. Install a new secondary filter element.
- Install the primary filter element.
- Clean the cover of the air filter housing and install the cover on the air filter housing. Fasten the clips in order to secure the cover on the air filter housing.
Illustration 2 g00989798
- Reset the filter element indicator.
- Close the engine hood.