The Auxiliary Starting Receptacles are positioned on the left side of the machine.
Some AVSpare machines may be equipped with auxiliary starting receptacles. All other machines can be equipped with a receptacle from parts service. A permanent receptacle is always available for jump starting.
There are two cable assemblies that can be used to jump start the stalled machine. You can jump start the stalled machine from another machine that is equipped with an auxiliary starting receptacle or with an auxiliary power pack. Your AVSpare dealer can provide the correct cable lengths for your application.
- Determine the reason that the engine will not start. See Special Instruction, SEHS7768 for information about the use of 6V-2150 Starting/Charging Analyzer. Use this procedure even if the machine does not have a diagnostic connector.
- Move the transmission control lever on the stalled machine to the NEUTRAL position. Engage the parking brake. Lower all attachments to the ground. Move all controls to the HOLD position.
- Turn the start switch key on the stalled machine to the OFF position. Turn off all accessories.
- Turn on the battery disconnect switch that is located on the stalled machine .
- Move the machine that is being used as a power source close to the stalled machine so that the jump start cables reach the batteries on both machines. DO NOT ALLOW THE MACHINES TO CONTACT EACH OTHER.
- Stop the engine on the machine that is being used as a power source. If you use an auxiliary power source, turn off the charging system.
- Connect the appropriate jump start cable to the auxiliary starting receptacle on the stalled machine.
- Connect the other end of the jump start cable to the auxiliary starting receptacle of the machine that is being used as a power source.
- Start the engine on the machine that is being used as a power source or energize the charging system on the auxiliary power source.
- Allow the machine that is being used as a power source to charge the batteries for two minutes.
- Attempt to start the stalled engine.
- Immediately after the stalled engine starts, disconnect the jump start cable from the machine that is being used as a power source.
- Disconnect the other end of the jump start cable from the stalled machine.
- Conclude the failure analysis on the starting charging system of the stalled machine, as required. Check the machine while the engine is running and the charging system is in operation.