Always replace the secondary filter element. Never attempt to reuse the secondary filter element by cleaning the element.
When the primary filter element is replaced, the secondary filter element should be replaced.
The secondary filter element should also be replaced if the restricted Air Filter indicator comes on after the installation of a clean primary filter element or if the exhaust smoke is still black.
- Open the engine access door on the right side of the machine.
Illustration 1 g00101864
- Remove the air cleaner housing cover (1).
- Remove the primary filter element (2) from the air cleaner housing.
Illustration 2 g00038606
- Remove the secondary filter element.
Illustration 3 g00101865
- Cover the air inlet opening. Clean the inside of the air cleaner housing.
- Inspect the gasket between the air inlet pipe and the air cleaner housing. Replace the gasket if the gasket is damaged.
- Uncover the air inlet opening. Install a new secondary element.
- Install the primary element and the air cleaner housing cover. Fasten the clips in order to secure the air cleaner housing cover.
- Close the engine access door.