As a default, the "Blade Wear" dialog is available. Depending on the operator configuration settings for your system, some of the options, soft keys, or views that are discussed in this manual may not be accessible.
As you operate your machine, the cutting edge of the blade wears away. Enter information for blade wear so that theAccuGrade System can adjust for the wear of the cutting edge.
Entering the Blade Wear
The height of the blade is measured from the center of the retaining bolts to the cutting edge. If the blade wear is uneven, use an average value. However, guidance will never be better than the range of the differences.
In order to set the "Blade Wear" height, complete the following steps:
- Measure the height of the cutting edge to the center of the bolt holes. Refer to Illustration 1.
If the stinger blade is extended, the measurement must be taken from its edge.
- From the "Setup Menu – Configuration" dialog, select the "Blade Wear" option.
- Use the arrow keys in order to enter a value into the "Cutting Edge Height" field.
Note: Be aware of the units. If the display is set up in metric units, the blade measurement must be entered in metric units. If the display is set up in feet, the blade measurement must be entered in tenths of feet.
- Perform one of the following actions:
- Press the "OK" key in order to accept the changes and return to the "Setup Menu – Configuration" dialog.
- Press the escape key in order to cancel any changes and return to the "Setup Menu – Configuration" dialog. You are asked to confirm that you do not want to save any changes.
- Press the escape key in order to exit the "Setup Menu – Configuration" dialog. The changes take effect immediately.