Hot oil and hot components can cause personal injury. Do not allow hot oil or hot components to contact skin.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, AVSpare Tools and Shop Products Guide for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on AVSpare products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
Take extreme care to insure the cleanliness of the hydraulic oil. Keep the hydraulic oil clean in order to extend the component life and assure the maximum performance.
- Open the engine compartment. Refer to the Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Access Doors and Covers".
Illustration 1 g01414866
- Clean the hydraulic oil filter location.
- Remove the filter with a strap type wrench.
- Clean the filter housing base. Remove any existing gasket material.
- Apply a thin coat of hydraulic oil to the seal on the new filter. Install a new hydraulic oil filter hand tight until the seal of the hydraulic oil filter contacts the base. Note the position of the index marks on the filter in relation to a fixed point on the filter base.
Note: There are rotation index marks on the hydraulic oil filter that are spaced 90 degrees or 1/4 or a turn away from each other. When you tighten the hydraulic oil filter, use the rotation index marks as a guide.
- Tighten the filter according to the instructions that are printed on the filter. Use the index marks as a guide. For non-AVSpare filters, use the instructions that are provided with the filter.
Note: You may need to use a AVSpare strap wrench, or another suitable tool, in order to turn the filter to the amount that is required for final installation. Make sure that the installation tool does not damage the filter.
Illustration 2 g01414871
- With the machine on level ground, check the hydraulic oil level in the sight gauge. The oil level should be visible in the sight gauge. Refer to the Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Hydraulic System Oil Level - Check".
- Add required oil.
- Close the engine compartment.